Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Our products and services range from compressed air and gas equipment, generators, construction and mining equipment, and industrial tools and assembly systems to related aftermarket
and rental. In close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries
around the globe.
Based out of Auburn Hills, Michigan, Atlas Copco Assembly Systems LLC is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry and one that has consistently increased our
customer base year after year because of superior problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Software Integration Engineer (Tester.) You must live in the Detroit Metro, MI area.
Self-motivated individual to implement communication structures between industrial devices and computers using well defined instruction sets. Support existing company solutions and help create new solutions on a project or product scale. A test engineer’s
job duties include planning, designing, and evaluating products, as well as collaboration with software engineers and/or Project managers. The test engineer makes sure that the finished product can be identified easily and tested thoroughly. Testing returned
units, collection data, and analyzing patterns are also among the test engineer’s duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Test engineering is the process of designing a product so it can be tested and making sure it is tested appropriately. When testing a software with tooling assembly, this can be a difficult job. Testing requires three things: Knowing the component or machine
you are testing, knowing which tests can provide the information you need and running the test correctly and consistently.
- Knowledgeable on SQL database schema type application.
- Configure or if required, create Customer Specific Communication Protocols [CSCP’s].
- Lead or assist with existing Global Projects Software Product Development and Documentation.
- Enterprise Database maintenance and best practice responsibility.
- Specify server / workstation requirements to fulfill testing application requirements.
- Support Controls Engineering and Field Service Tech.
- Support Project Manager for final assembly requirements.
- Support customer project deployment during product installation stage.
- Develop software testing verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Travel will be required to support the project plan.
- Document and maintain software testing functionality.
- Demonstration of software functionality during internal or external buyoff requirements.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of Network Concepts and architecture.
- Basic understanding of software using programming language skills, (i.e.- C++, C#, Java, .NET, etc.).
- Database maintenance and implementation, (i.e. - Oracle, SQL, etc.).
- Ability to develop concise technical documents, including guides, tests, procedures, reports, and specifications.
- Ability to interpret specifications, to document and develop testing solutions from the ground-up.
- Ability to build complete software solution system by following the engineering specification document.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
While performing the daily duties that this position entails, employees are required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk
and stoop or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Personal Computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, fax, etc.).Basic information gathering equipment such as measuring tapes and calipers will be used in field measurements and on the floor applications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We offer a generous salary, outstanding working conditions, plus the following benefits:
- Medical/dental coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Matching 401K
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
Visit our website: https://www.atlascopco.com/en-us/itba