Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Our products and services range from compressed air and gas equipment, generators, construction and mining equipment, and industrial tools and assembly systems to related aftermarket
and rental. In close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries
around the globe.
Based out of Auburn Hills, Michigan, Atlas Copco Assembly Systems LLC is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry and one that has consistently increased our
customer base year after year because of superior problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Remote Project Manager Southeast. You must live in the territory of SC, NC, GA or AL.
The Remote Project Manager – Southeast will be expected to work closely with Customers, Distributors and the Sales team to determine Customer needs, develop innovative value-add solutions through the standard quoting process, and execute efficient project management
to deliver Right First Time Quality on Time.
This Project Manager (PM) will be a partner to the Customer Center Zone Manager(s), working closely together to determine the strategy for providing value-add solutions within the zone. The PM will then work with the Regional Sales Manager(s) to understand
the Customer needs and environment, write proposals submitted via the RFQ process, and then execute those same projects as the Project Manager, using the resources of a High Performance Team and facility in Auburn Hills, MI.
This Project Manager must be a leader, capable of directing and motivating cross-functional teams to accomplish all planned activities from proposal through final acceptance. The PM will be responsible to manage the entire workflow, working closely with the
team to execute projects on budget, on time, and to a quality standard that gives Atlas Copco high levels of Customer Satisfaction. This position is considered remote, as it will be based in the Southeast part of the United States, with regular visits to
the Auburn Hills, MI US location.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a working relationship with the RSM and Customer to achieve an understanding of their manufacturing process
- Generate proposals via the standard quote (RFQ) process
- Visit Customer facilities to verify RFQ requirements, evaluate specifications, and conduct required meetings face to face
- Works with Proposal team in Auburn Hills by gathering information on related quotes in the area
- Provide technical support and proper product selection for all Atlas Copco products and how best to interface to Customer applications
- Validate our product offering will meet the Customer requirements, if not create an offering with properly documented deviations
- Administer project planning and regular project review meetings with Sales and Customer representatives
- Provide primary single point of contact between multiple Customers and High Performance Teams
- Independently initiate and manage multiple projects simultaneously within Workfront
- Establish budgets and monitor project cost performance through the entire life cycle
- Proactively communicate and keep commitments to Customers in order to drive Customer satisfaction
- Coordinate activities to ensure project progress maintains schedule, on budget, with high quality
- Prepare project reports and/or open issue decks for internal departments and Customers
- Initialize and monitor all Change Order Revisions
- Identify risks associated with projects and proactively develop and communicate plans to handle those risks
- Coordinate part tryout, runoff procedures, installation and post-project reviews
- Confer with appropriate personnel to provide technical support and to resolve open issues
- Professional and positive attitude is essential
- Must be able to work in a team environment, and have the ability to chair meetings
Highly motivated, resourceful self-starter able to demonstrate successful performance with independent problem solving, planning & execution, and leadership within and across departments to meet changing deadlines
Minimum 8+ years diversified engineering experience
Knowledge of General Industry & Motor Vehicle Industry segments a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or related technical discipline) from an accredited four year college or university
PMI Certification is recommended
Excellent oral, written and organizational communication skills plus strong interpersonal skills are required
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with advanced mathematical concepts, and have a high level of analytical ability
Reasoning Ability: Ability to technically define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
We offer a generous salary, outstanding working conditions, plus the following benefits:
- Medical/dental coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Matching 401K
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
Visit our website: https://www.atlascopco.com/en-us/itba