Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Our products and services range from compressed air and gas equipment, generators, construction and mining equipment, and industrial tools and assembly systems to related aftermarket
and rental. In close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries
around the globe.
Based out of Auburn Hills, Michigan, Atlas Copco Assembly Systems LLC is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry and one that has consistently increased our
customer base year after year because of superior problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Software Proposal Manager. You must live in the Detroit Metro, MI area.
Elaborate on technical proposals and feasibility studies related to Error Proofing solutions, custom software adapter and IT solutions. Drive Sales and global projects team to ensure we are market driven, cost effective, and have innovative solutions. The
proposal manager is to assist in achieving high profitability, striving for a high volume hit rate and moving quickly on orders received. It’s the goal of the Proposal Manager to deliver quality services to all stakeholders and exceed customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates customer/end user, RFQ (Request For Quotation) requirements and customer/end user specifications.
- Conceptualizes the application and integrate our products where applicable.
- Validates and ensures that our product offering will meet the RFQ requirements, if not, create an offering with properly documented deviations.
- Technically writes up proposals using standard quote processes or customer required if necessary.
- Compiles data to prepare a costing , using PCW work sheet, several data base systems, history and knowledge within the organization.
- Reviews bids for conformity to contract requirements or Terms and Conditions.
- Supports the development of new suppliers who are able to meet the solution needs.
- Supports Sales team in to define a solution concept by using feasible and known Global Projects applications references.
- Follows the Project Manager in Kick Off, Buy Off and Final Acceptance fazes in order to compare the obtained results with the planned project concept and costing calculations by getting feedback regarding costing, scope, issues and lessons learned.
- Analyze the log´s error and report to development team when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university, plus minimum 8 years of diversified Engineering experience.
- Database (SQL / Oracle) and networks (network topology, TCP / IP, subnet mask, DNS, switches, routers, gateway, etc.) Knowledge.
- Interfaces and industrial communication standards (RS-232/485/422, XML, Open Protocol, Field Bus).
- Programming and tightening solutions configuration will be consider as a differential.
- Understand customer Manufacturer Assembly process flow.
- Understand customer Data system management requirements.
- Good knowledge of electrical / electronic, pneumatic and mechanical;
- Advanced English.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and specifications in written, mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to technically define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- More than 5 years of Software Quoting, Software Project Management or Assembly Automation Experience in the Machine Tool business or IT Companies.
- 5 years of MS Office, Internet.
- Cost Control
- Schedule Control
- Quality and Net Promoter Score
- Application of industrial equipment;
- Knowledge of automation;
- Team Coordination;
- Write reports and compile information.
- Interest in professional development.
- Flexible to dynamic planning.
- Willing to travel.
- Have good interpersonal relationship skills, being courteous and good listener.
- Accept challenges and goals.
- Good Communication
- Good planner, allocating efforts properly.
- Good negotiator.
- Eloquent and precise.
- Helpful and a good team member.
- Disciplined and organized, seeking to conduct various businesses in parallel.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and persistent.
- Team Orientated
While performing the daily duties that this position entails, employees are required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk
and stoop or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Personal Computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, fax, etc.).Basic information gathering equipment such as measuring tapes and calipers will be used in field measurements and on the floor applications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We offer a generous salary, outstanding working conditions, plus the following benefits:
- Medical/dental coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Matching 401K
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
Visit our website: https://www.atlascopco.com/en-us/itba