Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry & one that has increased our customer base year after year because of
superior problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market.
Based out of Auburn Hills, MI, Atlas Copco IAS LLC became an Atlas Copco Company in 2011 and profits from the innovative drive of the global group which has figured among the top 100 most innovative companies in the world for the last ten years. We also share
in the synergy produced by common research projects and the transfer of know how in different sectors.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer
. It is preferred candidates live in the local Metro Detroit Area.
Self-motivated individual to create, test and support SYS6000 dispense controller software applications. Support existing company solutions and help create new solutions on a project or product basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, others may be assigned:
- Support the development & release of new SYS6000 real time system software to support Customer applications in all shops. Software must meet the requirements per the engineering team.
- Support the deployment of existing SYS6000 software to debug and revise released software. Provide accurate feedback and issue tracking. The software must be tracked, reported and coordinated with the software team in Bretten.
- Acts as an extension of Bretten in reporting, merging, and documenting issues, changes, and updating the master software model.
- Provides accurate reporting and documentation of software issues and resolution.
- Attends training sessions in Bretten and in the USA. Trains and guides other software team members.
- Assists Documentation Team in Bretten to create/update SYS6000 manuals
- Assist with existing Global Projects Software Product Development and Documentation.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of Network Concepts and Topologies.
- Object oriented programming language skills, (i.e.- C, C++)
- Embedded programming knowledge
- Ability to develop concise technical documents including guides, reports, and specifications.
- Ability to interpret specifications, to document and develop solutions from ground-up.
- Ability to focus on the following points:
- Realtime Programming in C, C++
- Experience in the regulation of drives/motors/servo-based systems
- Experience programming low level, near to the hardware
- Experience with real time operating systems like FreeRTOS, QNX, VxWorks
- Experience with Interrupt driven systems, I/O, DMA, Optional CanOpen
- Knowledge of Linux based software systems an advantage
- Highly organized and structured
- Strong communication skills
- Successful technical background in software development
- Knowledge of Software development life cycle, documentation, interface development
- Resilience and able to withstand a demanding customer base
- Ability to travel 10-15%
We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure as well as an outstanding benefit package which includes:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Matching 401K
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
Visit our website at: https://www.sca-solutions.com/
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.