Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry & one that has increased our customer base year after year because of superior
problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market.
Acquired in 2014 by Atlas Copco, with over 500 people worldwide and expanding rapidly, Industrial Assembly Solutions (IAS) is an innovator and market leader in the field of self-pierce riveting (SPR) and Flow Drill Systems (FDS) with a growing list of global
customers in the automotive industry such as Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar Land Rover and General Motors. Atlas Copco IAS designs and manufactures rivets and riveting equipment as well as flow drill systems often for robotic application, offering a comprehensive
joining system solution. The Industrial Assembly Solutions division shall be perceived as the global partner for innovative joining solutions in selected customer segments.
Henrob Corporation, a part of the Atlas Copco Group, has an opportunity for a Business Development Representative to dedicate their support to
Automotive Key Accounts.
This position will be a key contributor to the Henrob business development team and is responsible for the development of new Self-Pierce Riveting (SPR) business and represent the primary technical point of contact for the customer. Account managers will
need to display the ability to recognize new applications appropriate for SPR technology and the vertical marketing of existing SPR applications.
The Local Key Account Manager is responsible for day to day sales activities within Flagship/Key accounts, and will provide coordination and management of inter-company communication providing data to support Global Key Account Managers to create “one voice”
strategies for global account(s).
- Develop and manage strategic account plans that drive retention, penetration, profitability, and growth of existing accounts in assigned portfolio.
- Penetrate current client accounts by leveraging internal relationships. Build & enhance relationships with key contacts, build awareness of the company's services, assess competition and analyze their relationships.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality, other management, and key personnel).
- Secure orders from existing and new customers by means of visiting the customer facility and/or contacting by phone.
- Review customer project specifications and strategize with application engineering to develop customer solution. -Prepare and present quotes, proposals, detailed pricing, credit terms, and terms and conditions of sale.
- Apply SPR industry knowledge to end user products and translate success in vertical markets.
- Identify potential emerging markets for SPR and formulate business cases and cost justification models quantifying the opportunity.
- Manage project activities with other functional areas (Applications, Engineering, Operations, and Service). Manage delivery of large projects, working with international cross border teams.
- Support intellectual property and industry solutions development by supplying market intelligence and working with R&D/Engineering through the use of a Technology Road Map.
- Physically demonstrate the technology to prospects creating SPR product interest and generate quotes on customer requirements.
- Maintain a project database for all applicable applications and provide a sales forecast for high probability accounts.
- Provide marketing feedback and input to Sales Manager on website, literature, trade shows, advertisements, and editorial materials.
- Accurately forecast lease and service opportunities that drive growth strategy.
- Participate in and take leadership responsibility for Cross-Sell initiatives.
- Execute sales strategy to ensure that volume and profitability goals are achieved and/or exceeded.
- Submit weekly itinerary of future sales activity. Provide timely and detailed trip reports.
Required Skills for Business Development Key Accounts:
- Associates Degree or Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience selling capital equipment to the automotive industry and/or self-pierce riveting (SPR) systems is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the application to integration of SPR technology within manual and automated production environments.
- Experience with automotive body structures or automated assembly technology.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work/personal ethics with sense of urgency.
- Highly motivated, committed to self-improvement and team work.
We offer a generous salary, outstanding working conditions, plus the following benefits:
- Medical/dental coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Matching 401K
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
Visit our website: http://www.henrob.com/
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.