Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry & one that has increased our customer base year after year because
of superior problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market.
Acquired in 2014 by Atlas Copco, with over 500 people worldwide and expanding rapidly, Industrial Assembly Solutions (IAS) is an innovator and market leader in the field of self-pierce riveting (SPR) and Flow Drill Systems (FDS) with a growing list of global
customers in the automotive industry such as Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar Land Rover and General Motors. Atlas Copco IAS designs and manufactures rivets and riveting equipment as well as flow drill systems often for robotic application, offering a comprehensive
joining system solution. The Industrial Assembly Solutions division shall be perceived as the global partner for innovative joining solutions in selected customer segments.
We currently have an opening for a Design Mechanical Engineer
Main Objectives/ Tasks
Requirements – Experience & Personality
- Design and calculation of dispensing products. Project planning, task clarification, development of concepts
- Preparation of legally required development documentation according to DIN (machinery directive)
- Product supervision from conception to production readiness
- Close cooperation with the other departments within engineering as well as project management, innovation center, purchasing, production and service.
- Designing models and drawings with Solid Edge
- Support sales and project management in technical matters
- Creation of BOMs and material master maintenance in SAP
- Optimization of the products under production and cost aspects
- Support Service and QA department in analyzing defects and field issues
- Other tasks related to the activity of a design engineer
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Several years of professional experience in the design and development of mechanical or plant engineering, ideally in a design office for special machinery
- Ideally additional knowledge or training in a production environment
- Excellent knowledge in CAD, preferably in Solid Edge
- Knowledge MS-Office and SAP R3
- Ideally hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge
- Knowledge of norms and regulations in design of machinery and industrial equipment
- Very good abilities in engineering and design
- Very good knowledge in manufacturing engineering and production technology
- Preferably knowledge in production of small batch products
- Ability to communicate professionally internally as well as externally
- Well-structured and analytical approach as well as being pragmatic and flexible
- Outstanding commitment
We are located in Auburn Hills, Michigan. You must live in the Detroit Metro area.
We offer a generous salary, outstanding working conditions, plus the following benefits:
- Medical/dental coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Matching 401K
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
Visit our website: https://www.sca-solutions.com/
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.