Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry & one that has increased our customer base year after year because
of superior problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market.
Acquired in 2014 by Atlas Copco, with over 500 people worldwide and expanding rapidly, Industrial Assembly Solutions (IAS) is an innovator and market leader in the field of self-pierce riveting (SPR) and Flow Drill Systems (FDS) with a growing list of global
customers in the automotive industry such as Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar Land Rover and General Motors. Atlas Copco IAS designs and manufactures rivets and riveting equipment as well as flow drill systems often for robotic application, offering a comprehensive
joining system solution. The Industrial Assembly Solutions division shall be perceived as the global partner for innovative joining solutions in selected customer segments.
We have an immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer in the Arlington / Dallas Metro area.
Responsible for responding to scheduled and emergency field repair of IAS Dispensing Systems & Riveting Systems as well as providing support to optimize the productivity and quality of IAS systems.
- Inspect and evaluate customer field issues on-site at the customer location or by phone or e-mail
- Troubleshoot customer systems to ensure that they are operating at the desired quality and productivity
- Engage others in the organization to drive 100% of field issues to completion
- Generate detailed service reports for customers and update them in the database
- Inspect warranty claims from customers and gather the data required to validate a warranty claim
- Train customers in the correct and effective use of IAS systems and software
- Train other IAS personnel in repair of equipment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- 70% travel locally, 30% nationally
- This is a full-time position, with a relatively consistent work schedule. Must have flexibility to occasionally work early, late, or on weekends as the workload requires
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with troubleshooting/ resolving field equipment issues
- Strong blueprint and technical reading skills required
- Able to operate effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- PC and MS Office proficiency
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively in writing
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets
- Demonstrate Efficiency
- Follow instruction and procedure
- Applying expertise and technology
- Communicate Effectively
- Drive better customer satisfaction
We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure as well as an outstanding benefit package which includes:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Matching 401K
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
Visit our website at: https://www.sca-solutions.com/
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.